Building a MAME cabinet 11

Another weekend, another bit of work on the old cabinet. It’s starting to come together now. I popped over to Home Depot to pick up another ply blade for the saw, a couple of jigsaw blades to replace the one I’d snapped, and some 1″x2″ oak for ledger boards. At least, I thought it was 1″x2″ – but when I got home, I found it was actually 3/4″ x 1 1/2″. Well, that works too, I decided. I changed the ply blade (the old one was quite dull by now) and cut a 26 1/2″ x 27 1/4″ piece to use as the base. Then I found an offcut piece that was just about the right size and made it into two caster rails to fit on the base. I countersunk 4 screws in each, offsetting them 3/8″ from the edge so that the base will fit into the slots I’d made previously. Here’s the completed base (well, complete other than the casters):

Base with caster rails

Then I cut and fit the ledger rails for the base, putting them above the slots. And here’s a picture of that.

Base ledger & dado

Leave a Reply